With the Fauna Marin Multi-Reference Solution, you can test your test kits under accurate conditions. Our Reference Solution is the first to be based on a saltwater matrix and is quality tested using our ICP-AES testing machine. We use a saltwater matrix that is similar to aquarium water so that all common variables which affect normal water tests are taken into account.
Each batch is quality controlled and tested in our Seawater Research Laboratory to ensure accurate and reliable solutions, every time.
Our 100ml solution is stable and combines all these values into a single solution - the values vary with each batch! Please check your Multi Reference bottle for the respective values.
- Calcium – 422 ppm (mg/L)
- Magnesium – 1315 ppm (mg/L)
- Potassium – 409 ppm (mg/L)
- Salinity – 35 ppt (53,0 mS) @ 25°C
- Alkalinity – 6,6 DKH (2,35 meq/L)
- Strontium – 8 ppm (mg/L)
- Nitrate – 10 ppm (mg/L)
- Phosphate – 0.2 ppm (mg/L)
Multi-Reference Solution is especially useful for:
- Testing the validity of new test kits
- Verifying results after unexpected test results
- Testing kits that were stored for a long time
- Checking an expired test kit’s accuracy
- Calibrating your refractometer
- Example Results